- Friday's 7:30pm -10:30pm = 3 hours
- Saturday's 1:00pm - 10:00pm = 8 hours
- Sunday's 1:00pm - 10:00pm = 8 hours
- Address:Norfolk House, Seager Distillery, Deptford, SE8 4QN
- Nearest Tube:TBC
- Module 1 - From the origins to the here and now.
- Module 2 – Muladhara.
- Module 3 – Tradition & Discipline.
- Module 4 – Vinyasa.
- Module 5 – Linking Physics with the mind.
- Module 6 – From Chikitsa to Progressive Ashtanga.
- Module 7 – Connecting with your Inner Guru.
- Module 8 – Vinyasa as a Complete Experience.
- Training Teachers since 2003 in the Traditional & Contemporary art of Ashtanga Vinyasa. Our approach is holistic, covering Anatomy, Teaching Skills & Technique, Sequencing, Adjusting, Philosophy & Lineage, Ethics, Full Practice, Pranayama & Meditation.
- Your teachers are E-RYT 500 qualified Jamie Clarke & Dulce Aguilar, who have over 25 years of teaching Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, 15 years of training teachers and over 5000 hours of formal training experience.
- The Yoga People Teacher Training London is accredited by Yoga Alliance USA and is directly accepted towards an RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) 200 hours certification in the Ashtanga Vinyasa discipline.
- The Modular Structure allows you to mix trainings & locations. For example you can start the first half of your program in London and finish on another training or even abroad! Also if you have to miss a Module, there are options for you to make back the content on free catch up sessions.
- Start teaching half-way through your course, supported by one our experienced teachers of the Yoga People Mentorship Program. This program ensures you have quality support during your training and after you graduate.
- Regular price = £3500
- Early Bird Save £400 **Applies 22/Mar/2018. We also offer installment plan choices to suit your needs. An administration fee of £100.00 is charged for this service.
- Anatomy Course Online
- The Yoga People Materials (manual, video and audio)
- Yoga Alliance Certification
- Access to free classes in TYP community
- Yoga Alliance registration fee
- Yoga Insurance
- Click here to APPLY TODAY!
- Upon acceptance a 850.00 GBP registration fee will be required to reserve your place on the training.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will also be required to attend 27 hours of yoga classes outside of the weekends and and Anatomy Course Online (included in the course tuition). This ensures students have the right level of commitment and practice at a suitable intensity and frequency throughout the duration of the training. After all, in the wise words of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois: “Yoga is 99% practice, 1% theory”.
The History of Yoga from the different philosophies up to present Ashtanga Vinyasa lineage. An introduction to the concept of mastering our life force or prana in order to bring evenness of mind.
Bandhas and chakras, opening the door to energy tools techniques & subtle anatomy. “The Mula” is introduced as the key to ignite the energetic lift to our spiritual and physical bodies.
Introduction to traditional practices of yoga such as “Kriyas and Pranayama”. The technique of Uddiyana is presented as being interdependent with the mastery of the breath.
Integration of the Master Keys of Prana. A revision of Ujjayi as the elixir to ride the Vinyasa wave. The elements of Vinyasa are presented in different perspectives from a micro view within the pose, through to macro view creating an integrated moving meditation.
Understanding how intellectual knowledge is put into reality. Hands on adjustments are presented from perspectives of ”target areas”.
Analysis of the layers of the Primary Series as methodology to create routines for different needs & ability levels. Applying creativity intelligently as a component to make your own style. “The Science of Sequence”.
Trusting your internal wisdom as your true teacher. Understanding the intuition of Ajna Chakra (universal wisdom) and how it manifests in our life journey. Connection of the lower chakras to higher levels of consciousness, using Bija Mantra meditation (vibrational sound). Understanding the principles of center of gravity and counterweight, leading to the mastery of Inversions.
The Vinyasa is now transformed by dissolving the hierarchy of traditional Ashtanga sequencing. The science of kramas is introduced to bring accessibility to the advanced asanas. Inversions and arm balances are defragmented with techniques and process, making them more achievable.
Early Bird Save £400
Request more information:
The Pre-requisites to enroll in the 200 Hour Teacher Training Course are: an open mind, commitment to learning, and motivation to become a worthy yoga teacher. A high level of self-discipline is required during the course as it is physically, mentally and spiritually demanding and also highly rewarding! We encourage students to apply for the course when they are fully ready on a holistic level and committed to meeting the challenges of the course and accepting the joys with an open heart. These are important attributes that will add to your learning experience during the course and also to the learning experience of your fellow students. This course will be taught in English, therefore it is recommended that you are proficient in the language.
On finalizing this teacher training course you will be ready to apply for the RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) 200 hours certification with the Yoga Alliance in the Ashtanga Vinyasa discipline. The Yoga Alliance is universally known as the yoga organization that overseas many others in terms of quality assurance, services and regulations. The name alliance reflects its structure as a coming together of yoga organizations with common objectives. It can be said that all associations have their value, however as a credential to teach worldwide and a body offering services relating to the many aspects of the yoga world, we have chosen our school to be registered with this organization.
Please note: Officially you need 200 hours to gain a certification, but the more time you invest in your skills the more you will learn and embrace your potential. It is strongly recommended to complete additional contact hours by attending some of the scheduled courtesy classes, organized around London with The Yoga People Teachers.
What is included in the price
What is not included in the price
How to book your place?
Early Bird - Save £450 (Applies 22/Mar/2018)
If you are here, and reading this, then likely the time has come, and congratulations in finding the needle in the haystack! Training with the YogaPeople far exceeded my expectations and following a great deal of researching the various courses out there, I lucked out in signing up for an unusually comprehensive, thoughtful and intelligent Teacher Training program. To be honest my intention in signing up for the course was not necessarily to teach immediately on graduating, for starters I didn’t believe my practice was strong enough, and my confidence certainly wasn’t, but 9 weeks later and I’m physically and mental charged to share the amazing knowledge I have learned from the program!
Training with the YogaPeople first gave me context, then depth of knowledge. To start, it showed me the connection for why I am drawn to practicing and from where the practice came, then it handed me depth of personal understanding and a thirst for more knowledge. Halfway through the course due to unfortunate personal circumstances I very nearly had to postpone finishing the training and I wrote an entry in my yoga journal which said: ‘…even if I cannot return then this will all be worth it, I have already learned some tools that have improved my life and helped me become a stronger version of myself…‘
It’s the sign of a pretty unusual and outstanding course if you can feel like that! Luckily for me however, I was able to return and complete the training and graduate with the very special group of people I started with.
I cannot recommend the YogaPeople training enough. In terms of your body, their Vinyasa training will for sure get you there faster, as for your spirit, they will take you there deeper!