200 Hours Ashtanga Vinyasa Foundation Teacher Training
- Dates: 26 September - 20 October 2017
- Certification: 200 hours Ashtanga Vinyasa - a Yoga Alliance Teacher Training Program
- Teachers: Jamie Clarke, Dulce Aguilar & TYP Team
- Venue: Dunes 13, Mandrem Beach Goa
- Regular price £2100 GBP
- Early bird £1800 registering by the 20th July2017
- Non refundable deposit: £700 to guarantee a place on the course. Full payment is required before the course start date
- Includes Tuition, Materials & Yoga Alliance Certification
- 7:30 - 10.00am Practice, Pranayama, Meditation, Relaxation
- 10.00 - 11.00am Breakfast
- 11.00 - 14.00pm Theory and lectures
- 14.00 - 16.00pm Lunch and sunshine
- 16.00 - 18.30pm Theory and lectures
- 18.30 - 19:30pm Practice
- Module 1 - From the origins to the here and now.
The History of Yoga from the different philosophies up to present Ashtanga Vinyasa lineage. An introduction to the concept of mastering our life force or prana in order to bring evenness of mind.
- Module 2 – Muladhara.
Bandhas and chakras, opening the door to energy tools techniques & subtle anatomy. “The Mula” is introduced as the key to ignite the energetic lift to our spiritual and physical bodies.
- Module 3 – Tradition & Discipline.
Introduction to traditional practices of yoga such as “Kriyas and Pranayama”. The technique of Uddiyana is presented as being interdependent with the mastery of the breath.
- Module 4 – Vinyasa.
Integration of the Master Keys of Prana. A revision of Ujjayi as the elixir to ride the Vinyasa wave. The elements of Vinyasa are presented in different perspectives from a micro view within the pose, through to macro view creating an integrated moving meditation.
- Module 5 – Linking Physics with the mind.
Understanding how intellectual knowledge is put into reality. Hands on adjustments are presented from perspectives of ”target areas”.
- Module 6 – From Chikitsa to Progressive Ashtanga.
Analysis of the layers of the Primary Series as methodology to create routines for different needs & ability levels. Applying creativity intelligently as a component to make your own style. “The Science of Sequence”.
- Module 7 – Connecting with your Inner Guru.
Trusting your internal wisdom as your true teacher. Understanding the intuition of Ajna Chakra (universal wisdom) and how it manifests in our life journey. Connection of the lower chakras to higher levels of consciousness, using Bija Mantra meditation (vibrational sound). Understanding the principles of center of gravity and counterweight, leading to the mastery of Inversions.
- Module 8 – Vinyasa as a Complete Experience.
The Vinyasa is now transformed by dissolving the hierarchy of traditional Ashtanga sequencing. The science of kramas is introduced to bring accessibility to the advanced asanas. Inversions and arm balances are defragmented with techniques and process, making them more achievable.
Dunes Holiday Village, Dunes 13, Mandrem Beach, Goa, India.
Nested amidst luxuriant coconut palms sits a cluster of ethnic bamboo huts with views over the serene Mandrem beach licked by the warm waters of the Arabian Sea. This northern part of Goa is still very secluded and The Dunes Holiday Village offers a rustic, peaceful haven set in one of Goa's most beautiful seaside locations.
The accommodation is charming yet well designed huts or tree houses. All have en-suite bathroom facilities. The multi-cuisine, open-air restaurant, specializes in delicious fresh food and natural juices, and it has the reputation to one of the best resorts in the area.
On specific nights it offers a wide range of musicians allowing you to have a delightful dinner listening to great music in front of the sea. The restaurant offers meals for as little as 200Rs per meal, so you can be sure that you can have a great meal for an unbelievable price.
The Dunes has also two yoga platforms, so you can do your practice at any time you like. One of the yoga platforms is equipped with a mosquito net to keep out the little buggers during practice.
Suggested Check in: 25th September / 2017 at noon.
Suggested Check out: 21st October / 2017 at noon.
Please Note: Accommodation is to be booked and paid directly by each participant. They are limited beach rooms!
The Pre-requisites to enroll in the 200 Hour Teacher Training Course are: an open mind, commitment to learning, and motivation to become a worthy yoga teacher. A high level of self-discipline is required during the course as it is physically, mentally and spiritually demanding and also highly rewarding! We encourage students to apply for the course when they are fully ready on a holistic level and committed to meeting the challenges of the course and accepting the joys with an open heart. These are important attributes that will add to your learning experience during the course and also to the learning experience of your fellow students. This course will be taught in English, therefore it is recommended that you are proficient in the language.
On finalizing this teacher training course you will be ready to apply for the RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) 200 hours certification with the Yoga Alliance in the Ashtanga Vinyasa discipline. The Yoga Alliance is universally known as the yoga organization that overseas many others in terms of quality assurance, services and regulations. The name alliance reflects its structure as a coming together of yoga organizations with common objectives. It can be said that all associations have their value, however as a credential to teach worldwide and a body offering services relating to the many aspects of the yoga world, we have chosen our school to be registered with this organization.
Please note: Officially you need 200 hours to gain a certification, but the more time you invest in your skills the more you will learn and embrace your potential. It is strongly recommended to complete additional contact hours by attending some of the scheduled courtesy classes, organized around London with The Yoga People Teachers.Investment
- Regular price is £2100
- Early bird price is £1800, registering before 20/Jul/2017
- We offer installment plan choices to suit your needs. An administration fee of £100.00 is charged for this service
- Anatomy Course Online
- The Yoga People Materials
- Yoga Alliance Certification
- Access to free classes in TYP community
- Food & Accommodation
- Yoga Alliance registration fee
- Yoga Insurance
- Click here to APPLY TODAY!
- Upon acceptance a 700.00 GBP registration fee will be required to reserve your place on the training.