foundation teacher training
An exploration of the Ashtanga Vinyasa System as a platform to become an insightful Yoga Teacher.
Teacher Training Course
- Certified by TYP & Yoga Alliance as part of our RYT 200-hour Program
- Dates: 8 weekends: 24th-26th June / 1st-3rd July / 8th-10th July / 22nd-24th July / 29th-31st July / 12th-14th August / 26th-28th August / 2nd-4th September
- Light Centre, Monument, Central London
- Faculty: Jamie Clarke, Charles Balogh, Mahalia Pellett, Marina De Lima
- Regular Price £3500 – full payment is required to begin
- Early Bird £3100 until 16/04/2022
- Deposit £450 to reserve your place
- **payment plans are available
- at completion you will get a 200-hour YA & TYP Certificate
Based on a progressive learning approach, using the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series as a foundation for the teaching, practicum and asanas, also incorporating Rocket as a way to show one of the many facets of Yoga as a contemporary evolutionary method.
What’s in the course?
During your 200hr Teacher Training with us, we will explore the following core subjects:
- Asanas, including Sun Salutations A+B, Standing, Seated & Closing asanas of the Ashtanga Primary Series and The Rocket 1 sequence. We will also cover several Pranayama Practices and Practicum exercises including Teaching a Class, Energetic and subtle anatomy; considering the 3 Bodies of Yoga related to the Koshas, Nadis and The Chakra System, also a deep emphasis on the 5 Bandhas or Magic Locks. The History and Philosophy of Yoga, from its’ birth to today and beyond. The Art of teaching Yoga; how to teach a class (Ashtanga Vinyasa/Rocket 1) in a functional, sensitive & inclusive manner, how to adjust (verbally and physically)
meet your lead teacher
Jamie Clarke has been teaching Yoga since 2001. He is inspired by Yoga as a means of trauma resolution, psycho-emotional transformation, and actual-spiritual growth. He is an E-RYT 200/ 500 teacher and a co-founder of The Yoga People, RYS 200/500 since 2006 & 2009 respectively. He has a long-term background in Western Psychotherapy & Transpersonal Psychology, is a trained and licensed Transpersonal Psychology counsellor, with an established client-centric practice. He has a Masters degree in Psychology from the University of London. Yoga Background & Approach He is directly trained by Yoga masters; Larry Schultz – Ashtanga Vinyasa & Rocket, Lino Miele -Mysore Ashtanga, Paul and Suzee Grilley – Yin Yoga & Applied Anatomy and Edward Clark – Tripsichore. He is master teacher of skeletal/bio-mechanic Applied Anatomy (1000+ hrs training), has led approximately 100 live teacher trainings delivering to 2,500+ teachers worldwide. His teaching approach recognises uniqueness, using a customised ‘functional’ approach to separate-out the conditioned, integrate the authentic and to develop the fullest expression of oneself as honestly as possible.
it's time to take the first step on your yoga teaching journey.
trust the process. all you need is an open mind, and a courageous heart.
a typical day
Are you ready?
Do you feel the call to ignite your passion, start teaching from the heart and fully speaking your truth? Step into your own light and reveal a full understanding of YOU!This is an holistic course which also covers Anatomy, Teaching Skills & Technique, Sequencing, Adjusting, Philosophy & Lineage, Pranayama & Meditation.
Dulce and Jamie are incredible teachers and the way they run their yoga school is highly professional, not only do you get an amazing training which leaves you fully prepared to start teaching, you also become part of a family.
200-hour Foundation, Rocket, Mandala, Yin and the Elements & Pranification Graduate.
Jamie & Dulce are great, you couldn’t have better teachers, they’ve got the right balance between light & heavy, they complement each other like yin & yang.
200-hour Foundation, Rocket & Yin Graduate.
I was incredibly impressed with all aspects of the training. Jamie and Dulce teach from such a huge bank of personal knowledge; they are humble to their own teachers, inspiring in their practice, and they teach accurately, engagingly and from the heart.
200-hour Foundation, Rocket & Mandala Graduate.
tell me more
Meet your teachers!
Have a free chat with a TYP adviser and get your questions answered.
Because we believe in your inner teacher.