Yin yoga & archetypes
Healing the Feminine Wound
yin & archetypes
40-hour teacher training course
This second of three new courses is now developing our yogic inquiry towards the unconscious Feminine- ‘the mother-bond’, which so often is enmeshed or disconnected. The work on this course sits as a foundational experience for your father work, and gives you essential tools and skills, for your on-going work of breaking the control of the Mother Complex, which resides in our personal and collective unconscious.
A blend of Jungian and Transpersonal Chakra theory will support will blend to inform and support the in depth practical/experiential work on this course.
This course will include work on healthy embodiment, self-love, vulnerability, secure attachment, and a healing of the wounds of our inner children. Furthermore we will arrive towards an awakened or realigned feminine essence, a stronger sovereign self and tools and techniques for our personal re-parenting process.
By taking an archetypal approach and working directly with our unresolved mother-complex (Oedipal), we can move towards realising and completing healthy individuation from our feminine (mother). It should be noted that we are working with the interjected Mother Complex, not our human mother (who may or may not be still in our lives).
Who is this course for?
This course is a must for women and men, who have grown up with feelings of fear, guilt and shame, as part of entangled, conflicted/ abandoned or competitive relationship with their mothers. If there are feelings to finally break the mother spell, which entraps and interferes with your life, then this course is for you. Additionally, this course is for couples, who want to realise how their respective mother complexes have passed on dysfunctional ‘attachment’ and ‘projection’ patterns, which play out in their intimate partnered relationships.
On this course, we will use short yogic/ meditation practices, which will support archetypal chakra psychology theory, and in-depth personal inquiry assignments and partner-work.
There will be three 1.5 hour virtual segments, led by Jamie Clarke, during the preliminary 2 weeks prior to the four ‘Live Days’. These segments will include theory, short yin practices and/or meditation and assignments. We will then come together- live, for four days, to release and resolve wounded aspects experientially. The live days will support our individual breakthroughs, with key lectures, exercises and strategic group/partner-work with Jamie Clarke & Lois Pimentel.
To complete our process there will be an assignment to consolidate our insights and to integrate our overall course experience.
- Dates: Week 1; Wed 1st, Fri 3rd, Sun 5th June 2022, 8pm 90mins lecture and short Yin practice (optional), Week 2; Wed 8th, Fri 10th, Sun 12th June 2022, 8pm 90mins lecture and short Yin practice, Week 3; Thurs 16th-Sun 19th June 2022, 9am-5pm LIVE, Wimbledon, London or Hastings, UK (Full virtual option also available)
- The course can be completed 100% online or varied online and live. Can be completed real-time or any time convenient to the student
- Live days either located in Wimbledon, London or Hastings & numbers will determine location
- If Hastings, accommodation is included in the price
- Early signups are encouraged, as there is a 60min interview assignment, which will be scheduled as much prior to the course as possible
- Investment: £650 full price
- £485 early bird price (up to May 15th 2022)
- £325 clients and Father Wound students (50% off)
- Upon completion you will get a 40hrs TYP Advanced/Inner Work Level- Yin Training Certification, which contributes to your Yoga Alliance, registered RYT 500 accreditation
Meet your teacher
Jamie Clarke has been teaching Yoga since 2001. He is inspired by Yoga as a means of trauma resolution, psycho-emotional transformation, and actual-spiritual growth. He is an E-RYT 200/ 500 teacher and a co-founder of The Yoga People, RYS 200/500 since 2006 & 2009 respectively. He has a long-term background in Western Psychotherapy & Transpersonal Psychology, is a trained and licensed Transpersonal Psychology counsellor, with an established client-centric practice. He has a Masters degree in Psychology from the University of London. Yoga Background & Approach He is directly trained by Yoga masters; Larry Schultz – Ashtanga Vinyasa & Rocket, Lino Miele -Mysore Ashtanga, Paul and Suzee Grilley – Yin Yoga & Applied Anatomy and Edward Clark – Tripsichore. He is master teacher of skeletal/bio-mechanic Applied Anatomy (1000+ hrs training), has led approximately 100 live teacher trainings delivering to 2,500+ teachers worldwide. His teaching approach recognises uniqueness, using a customised ‘functional’ approach to separate-out the conditioned, integrate the authentic and to develop the fullest expression of oneself as honestly as possible.
- Consider taking TYP’s Yin & Chakras or Yin & Elements On Demand trainings. Also the On Demand Yin Foundations course would be helpful
- All students who have not taken any previous TYP Yin courses will be required to have an introduction interview with Jamie Clarke (licensed transpersonal psychology counsellor), prior to a confirmed place on this course.
- All students will be required to complete a family-dynamic/history questionnaire prior to the start of the course. All information will be treated in accordance with GDPR data protection regulations.
- Pre course reading; She; Robert Johnson – To be ideally read prior to June 1st.
Oedipal Vs Electra; Hendrika Freud- reading for ‘Pre Live’ Section
- Insight and tools of Yin Yoga, pranayama, and meditation practices, related to working with feminine archetypal essences/imbalances
- Inner work processes to work with toxic feminine/mother dynamics, personal and collective shadow aspects and complexes
- Insights and context that relate to inherent and consequential feminine complex issues that affect our adult coupled relationships
- Shadow and empowerment practices that work to resolve unconscious archetypal dynamics, that plays out within ‘the Self’ and in our lives
Free Yin Elements quiz by Jamie Clarke
Getting to know You...
Which element represents you